Iran places $30,000 bounty on US soldiers

Iran places $30,000 bounty on US soldiers

Iran places $30,000 bounty on US soldiers

Army chief Amir Hatami has offered double the reward to Iranian women who kill or capture American troops
Tehran will pay out cash rewards to any Iranian citizen who kills or captures a US serviceman, Army Chief Amir Hatami has announced, warning Washington against putting troops on Iranian soil.
Speaking at an event on Sunday in remarks carried by state broadcaster IRIB, Hatami said the initiative had been drawn up after numerous requests from Iranians seeking to take part in the nation’s defense.
Any individual who kills or captures and surrenders an American aggressor will receive a reward of $30,000 or 5 billion Iranian tomans from the Iranian Army, Hatami said. Iranian women who successfully carry out this action will receive double the reward.
Hatami also said weapons used to kill American troops would be purchased by the state for twice their value and displayed in a planned museum, with their owners receiving replacements.
The US has yet to launch a ground operation in Iran. However, Western media have reported that Washington is considering missions that could put large numbers of troops on Iranian territory.
The Pentagon has reportedly examined a major raid to seize Tehran’s stockpile of enriched uranium from heavily fortified nuclear facilities. According to the New York Post, the operation could involve thousands of troops, with elite units retrieving the material while larger forces secure the sites.
US personnel have already ended up on Iranian soil during the conflict. In April, an F-15E went down over Iran, prompting major rescue operations for its two crew members. Iranian forces and local residents searched for the stranded airmen, while Tehran reportedly offered cash rewards for their capture. Both were eventually recovered by US forces.
Hatami also called on American forces to leave the Middle East, saying they are no longer permitted to enter the Persian Gulf, the Sea of Oman, and the Strait of Hormuz. He added that Tehran would not allow US bases in the region to return to their previous state.
The US and Israel launched their military campaign against Iran in late February, accusing Tehran of seeking nuclear weapons. Iran retaliated with strikes on American and Israeli targets across the region.
A temporary ceasefire later collapsed, while indirect negotiations have failed to produce a lasting settlement. Washington has continued military and economic pressure on Tehran, while Iran maintains that its nuclear program is peaceful.

  • Share on:

Weather

Woodland Heights

30.3c
Clear

Humidity: 44%

NAir25.6Kph

  • 29.7c
    02
  • 29c
    03
  • 28.8c
    04
  • 28c
    05
  • 27.7c
    06
  • 13.4c
    07
image title here

Some title